Photos Grant Kinghorn


Selkirk 37, Abrdeen Grammar Rugby 15

Selkirk started strongly and after only 10 mins their new Australian prop Nick Hall scored his and the home side first try after some good play from both forwards and backs , the conversion missed by A McColm .
In the fifteenth minute Aberdeen hit back with an unconverted try by their winger Coe.
Selkirk scored the next points through the boot of McColm with a penalty kick for a offside infringement.
Aberdeen then took the lead for the first and only time in the game when Coe again went in at the corner for another unconverted try. However in the space of five minutes Selkirk scored another two tries , one unconverted try when J Bett scored in the corner after some great play from the Selkirk pack.
The second try was a family affair from the Nixons Ross and Sean. Selkirk won a line out on the 22 line , Ross broke through the Aberdeen back line and was brought down near the try line but managed to offload to Sean who went in under the posts ,for an easy conversion from McColm.
Just on half time Selkirk were deal a blow when stand off Callum McColm went off with a dislocated shoulder.
Half time score Selkirk 20 Aberdeen 10.
It took Selkirk 16 mins to get the score board moving again when McColm kick another penalty after another infringement from the Aberdeen pack.
Grammar then spent a period of play in the home 22.However after some great defensive work, Selkirk broke clear through Macdougall , Welsh and finally Max Gordon,making his first appearance for the home team, scored in the corner McColm converting magnificently from the touch line.
Finally another new start Clinton Wagman Selkirk,s new winger from South Africa finished off a great break from inside the home sides 22,
Macdougall ,McEwan ,R Nixon and finally Wagman who showed off his great speed scored under the posts for a easy convention for McColm .
Aberdeen only reply was a unconverted try by Ruxton, to make the final score 37-15 to the home team for a fine bonus point win.
Best for Selkirk man of match Ewan Macdougall, Nixon brothers and former captain Andrew Renwick.