Dundee HSFP 29 - Selkirk 32

Photos Grant Kinghorn pics.

Selkirk travelled to Dundee on Saturday expecting a hard physical game, and were not disappointed.
After only ten minutes they were 14 points down despite having the majority of the play. A loose kick and some bad tackling led to the first score, despite a gallant chaise back and tackle by Clinton Wagman. The second was conceded with Selkirk pressing the home line after a number phases a loose pass was intercepted by the Dundee centre on the 22 metre line who scored between the posts for another 7 pointer.
To their credit Selkirk came more into the game and some great passing by backs and forwards saw Peter Forrest dive in at the corner , Rory Banks added the extras with a magnificent touchline conversion.
Then it was Dundee's turn to score an unconverted try to take them 12 points in front. However in an end to end game it was Selkirk who hit back with Aaron McColm finishing off a move from deep inside their own half again converted by Rory Banks.
With half time looming, after some great driving play by the forwards, Scott Hendrie made a telling break up the touch line,passing to Callum McEwan to score an unconverted try.
Half time score Dundee 19 Selkirk 17
Selkirk started the second half by taking play to the home team which lead to a penalty kick from Rory Banks after a ruck infringement, putting Selkirk in front for the first time in the game.
Dundee then scored two unconverted tries,to put them 9 points in front.
With the clock running down Selkirk stepped up their efforts. The visiting forwards were starting to dominate the set pieces and break down areas, allowing winger Clinton Wagman to score in the corner,Banks missing the kick from the touch line.
With the clock running down and with less than 5 minutes to go Selkirk Man of the Match Scott Hendrie again broke the line, with the Dundee defence closing in he put in a deft little kick in front of Frazer Anderson who dived on the ball as it crossed the line to score . Rory Banks , who certainly had his kicking boots on again converted from the touch line to put Selkirk in front.
With a minute to go Dundee were awarded a penalty in front of the posts,rather than kick the penalty for the draw, they opted for the scrum
The home side went for a no 8 pickup however the young Selkirk scrum half Scott Clark with a little help from Sean Nixon brought the big forward down and in doing so dislodged the ball to end the game.

Final Score Dundee HSFP 29 - Selkirk 32.